alt.fiction 2007

Friday, July 07, 2006

That Friday Feeling...

Hi All,

Ah, Friday afternoon. The quietest time of the week, which surely represents an ideal opportunity to catch up on some blogging.

Alt.Fiction continues to take shape very quickly and we look like having a bumper crop of writers on board. A rather exciting phone call from George Walkley at Orbit confirmed that Mike Carey would be making the trip up, which adds to an already very strong guest list for 2007. I've also begun asking some of last year's guests to come back for the event and agreements have been reached with many of our horror contingent including Ramsey Campbell, Alison Davies and Sarah Pinborough as well as Chris Teague (Pendragon Press), Andrew Hook (Elastic) and John Jarrold (sci-fi and fantasy factotum). John has been a massive help in getting the whole thing of the ground, contacting editors and writers on my behalf, and it'll be a pleasure to have him back. I'm sure I owe him plenty of drinks yet...

One of the hardest things I've found in deciding the line-up is that there are people who were great last year and that I really got on with that I can't have back! Obviously we have to make the day sufficiently different to maintain interest plus my budget has to be far more cost-effective this year. If it's any consolation it has been a really hard process...On the bright side, if I have anything to say about it, the event will remain annual and there will be plenty of opportunities in the future.

I suppose that's all for now...I'm now going to head home for a nice relaxing weekend. For some reason I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so an early night may be in order...

Cheers

Alex

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with it all, Alex. See you there next time.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Alex Davis said...

Hi Wayne,

Thanks a lot- looking forward to it. I think it's shaping up pretty well so far.

Cheers

Alex

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home