alt.fiction 2007

Thursday, April 26, 2007

And now the panic sets in...

Hi All,

Two days away and things are certainly picking up towards the big day. For the first time I'm really starting to feel the nerves about it. As some of you will know, as organiser when something gets this close you start playing through all manner of awful scenarios that could happen between now and then. Thankfully largely they never happen, but it doesn't seem to stop you worrying!!

I've got boxes and boxes of stuff piled up ready to take over to the venue, which will be a task for tomorrow. In fact I've been told I could make myself a fortress around my desk if I re-organised these boxes a bit, and it's a tempting option...

The programmes have arrived and I'm really pleased with the way they look. They're A4 but fairly light-weight so they shouldn't be too much to carry around!! Really nice glossy look and hopefully everybody on the day will like them. They're a nice souvenir as well as a handy guide to the day, or at least I hope that's the case!!

T-shirts are now here for our volunteers and also looking good. I've been rounding together various other necessary bits and pieces- plastic bags, raffle tickets, blu-tak, flip charts...it's surprising how much it can actually mount up but if the event needs it then the event shall have it.

I spent a while yesterday afternoon on Radio Derby promoting the event- I managed not to trip up anything, get all the main details in and hopefully convey just how exciting it all is. The presenter, Alex Trellinski, was great as well and pretty much put me at ease, which was a decent achievement bearing in mind it's only my second time on the radio!

Tickets have been going well and I'm really looking forward to a good crowd on the day. I think we'll have quite a few people coming along on the day as well, so I'm really optimistic of recreating some of the atmosphere of last year.

I think that's about all of my final thoughts- hopefully I'll see most of you on Saturday for a fantastic day!!

Thanks a lot

Alex

4 Comments:

Blogger The Watercolour Impressionist - Sean Terrington Wright said...

Fingers crossed for a great day, Alex. See you tomorrow.

take care --
Sean

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jyoti Mishra said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jyoti Mishra said...

By the way, just done a little post about it here:

www.bzangy.com

4:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I echo the sentiments: a great day - moreso with the sun shining.

Hope A-F continues to grow - only sore point in that I missed the film, but that's train times for you.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home