alt.fiction 2007

Thursday, August 24, 2006

FantasyCon and other matters...

Hi All,

Alt.Fiction has slipped into its inevitable lull and a lot of my time is currently taken up with organising a host of October events in Derby, as well as a couple in the very early days of September. If anybody does want to know what I get up to day in day out I do have a newsletter by the name of Live Words, so if you're living locally and you want to know what's going on literature wise just let me know.

The program for AF needs a little re-jigging, which is probably going to be a task for one evening (when I have an evening free that is). I will have an initial pre-release flyer for the event at 'Flights of Fantasy' in Nottingham, which I'm introducing on September 7th. The event features local fantasy writers Steve Dean and Alison Davies and takes place at Angel Row Library from 7:30 until 9. If you're in the area I think it will be a really good night.

Plus I've also heard about this event called FantasyCon, at which I will have some flyers and be present from Friday afternoon until close. Looking forward to the event more and more the closer it gets and the program looks excellent. Do come find me for a chat and a drink...strictly non-alcoholic for me. No, seriously.

And on the topic of FantasyCon I've been asked to be part of the Commitee for the 2007 FantasyCon, which I'm really pleased with. It's great to be invited to take part in the event and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in really!

So a slightly strange update in that it's much more associated news than AF news...but I'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as anything else becomes clear...

Thanks

Alex

5 Comments:

Blogger Damien G Walter said...

Hi Alex,

Which days are you at FantasyCon? I've ditched the live lit thing at the Brewery to do the whole thing so will see you there on one of the days no doubt.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Alex Davis said...

Hi Damien,

I'm coming back from Kendal early Friday so should be there for the opening of the whole thing...We'll definitely catch up for a drink at some point. I'll let you know if there are any spectacular gems of information to take out of Kendal. I think Naomi and Alison are going up too so I'm sure you'll get plenty of reports about it...

We need to have a chat about AF Leicester at some point too.

Cheers

Alex

12:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

FCon is going to be big this year, I just know it... hopefully people will buy loads of books off me. :)

3:59 AM  
Blogger Alex Davis said...

Hi Chris,

Count me in for a few books! The book colelction will be going up at FCon while the bank balance simultaneously goes down...

Cheers

Alex

1:14 AM  
Blogger Alex Davis said...

Hi There,

I've never thought of myself as hard to track down, although I may be wrong...

Teddy eh? Now that takes me back! Carefree days in halls of residence...great fun.

I'm really not with it this week so you'll have to give me another clue as to your mysterious identity...

I did move about a month ago so whatever address you have there will probably be wrong!

Cheers

Alex

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home