alt.fiction 2007

Monday, September 18, 2006

A final entry before vanishing...

Hi All,

A rather belated entry from a rather absentee bloggee...blogger...bloggist?

Anyway, unfortunately I was off for much of last week feeling rather unwell but a few days recouperation seem to have done me some good. And what have I been working on in the meantime you may ask?

I was recently hosting a fantasy night in Nottingham featuring Alison Davies and Steve Dean which went very well. I seem to be doing more and moe introductions recently...anyway, we had a good crowd of about 25/30 and they all seemed to enjoy their evening. Many of us popped out for a drink in Nottingham afterwards and overall just very enjoyable really. Alison's book for the charity Debra, 'Shrouded by Darkness' is launched at FantasyCon and I hope people really get behind it. It's such a good cause and it also features some fine writers...

What else...I've gotten involved in a horror day over in Chesterfield, which takes place on October 13th. The event will feature Simon Clark, Paul Kane and Marie O'Regan and will present a selection of afternoon workshops and an evening reading q+a, both at Chesterfield library. Expect full details in the near future.

And speaking of full details, anybody in the Derby area may be interested to know the Chaz Brenchley's 'Phantoms' event will be taking its first trip outside Newcastle to visit Derby on October 26th featuring Chaz (naturally), Gail-Nina Anderson and Sean O'Brien. The event takes place at the suitably spooky Dolphin Inn and tickets are £8/£6 including your evening meal, which can't be bad. Call me if you'd like to reserve a space- 01332 715434.

The big day itself still seems to be ticking along- my next big planning blitz will be late October as I have a whole host of events coming up throughout October, so expect plenty of further news then. And of course there will be news upcoming on the Leicester events in the new year.

And of course I'll be at FantasyCon over the weekend- I go away for a three-day conference tomorrow and then it's straight from the Lake District to Nottingham. It should be great fun and hopefully I'll see a number of you there.

Thanks for listening- I'll be putting another post up next week once I've recovered from FantasyCon....

Cheers

Alex

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

So, how was your first FCon then Alex? Recovered?

6:37 AM  
Blogger Alex Davis said...

Hi Chris,

Barely- it was a pretty full-on period of time but I'm starting to feel as though I'm getting there. Plus I do have some time off looming which will be my official recovery time...

But it was a fantastic weekend- I think Emma was gutted she missed out but the credit card just wouldn't stretch to it this time around.

Just put up my first post in ages- I've been so wrapped up in events that I've not had much of a chance to post anything!!

Cheers

Alex

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home