alt.fiction 2007

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Latest news

Hi All,

Things are still moving along here irrespective of the impending bout of flu I feel coming on...so here are the latest headlines...

We've just managed to book Stephen Gallagher to take part on the day, and he'll be involved in our scriptwriting session in the Reception Suite. It's great to have somebody of Stephen's profile on board and it should be a great session.

Bloody Books have now confirmed the three authors for their launch slot- it'll be Scott Stainton Miller, Brian Ross and Suzanne Elvidge.

I'm glad to confirm that Ramsey Campbell will be introducing the Metro Cinema's Sunday matinee showing. Film TBC- hopefully we'll know by the end of the week.

Flyers will be going to print today and will be completed by next week. If anyone would like a batch just let me know at the work email: alex.davis@derby.gov.uk. The big mail-out will probably be next Thursday so expect to see them in your local bookshop, Tourist Information Centre, library, comic book shop and wherever else I can get them!!

The Leicester Fantastic series is booking up really well, with Fright Night on the verge of being sold out and two of thew workshops also booked out. There are a few spots left on Tim Lebbon's workshop the night before Alt.Fiction so if you are in the area it could be a great warm up. Full details for that series on http://leicesterliterature.wordpress.com/

And I know I have mentioned this event before but if you are interested in seeing Michael Marshall here in Derby TOMORROW NIGHT we are now running a special offer for that event. If you call Assembly Rooms Box Office on 01332 255800 and quote 'Derby Arts Offer' you can get your ticket for only £5!! A bargain if ever there was one...

That's the update for today- expect another one soon.

Many Thanks

Alex

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven Dane said...

Hi Alex....are you short a writer? I was unable to attend but now can. I was a guest speaker at the Phoenix Con in Dublin and have become hooked! My name is Raven Dane and have two novels in the Legacy of the Dark Kind series already mainstream published. Or could I just come and flog a few books? Either way , I would be honoured if you could get in touch. www.bloodtears.co.uk ( my very out of date website) or message me on myspace.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home